GIRLS OUT LOUD APPRENTICSHIPS PROGRAMME SISTER ACT
We know organisations are missing out on young female talent when it comes to Apprenticeship recruitment. Many girls do not even consider this route as the very word itself conjures up male images and dirty trades and they see no relevance nor role models in this space. We want to support employers to market this route more effectively to girls by collaborating to deliver a successful attraction strategy.
We understand girls well, with over 10 years’ experience inspiring and nurturing girls in both the middle and at risk segments of the cohort we can support and engage employers and their female role models to work with us to increase the confidence, self-belief and emotional resilience of 15/16 year olds, in their final year of Secondary School. As these girls find their voice and start to realise they can achieve more and they deserve a better life, their aspirations will soar and together we can change the outcomes for some of the hardest to reach teenage girls in the region.
Sister Act combines our knowledge gained from delivering intervention programmes to teenage girls in the region for over a decade with input from employers on their needs for their future workforce. We then engage real role models, with real insights, from the real world to inspire these girls to step up. This unique combination of skills, experience and vision creates frame-breaking change for girls who may otherwise take the wrong turn, or settle for far less than they deserve.
HOW CAN THIS BENEFIT YOUR BUSINESS?
We know from extensive and consistent research Our Big Sister programme is a life-changing experience for both the Big Sister (mentor) and Little Sister (mentee). Little Sisters report changes in confidence, self-belief, aspirations and emotional resilience along with the ability to step outside of their comfort zone, ask more and use their voice. Big sisters tell us their journey is a parallel process with improvements to:
- Confidence, mind-set and raising their visibility and personal brand
- Rapport and relationship building
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Managing change and thinking on their feet
- Taking ownership of their personal development and promotability
As well as these personal outcomes Sister Act also delivers the following benefits to employers…
- Actively influences girls to join an existing Apprenticeship programme, and builds your talent pipeline.
- Engages and recruits girls from the BAME community, and supports diversity across your business.
- Maximises your CSR budget & influence and impacts social mobility challenges within your sector
- Differentiates your organisation, and supports your credentials in becoming an Employer of Choice
- Develops your female employee’s leadership potential, via Girls Out Loud coaching & mentor training.
- Provides a strong peer group for the nominated female mentors
- Helps leverage your brand as you integrate the Girls Out Loud Apprenticeship programme across your PR, Marketing and Recruitment strategy
We would love to have the opportunity to discuss your CSR/Apprenticeship agenda with you in more detail and explore how the GIRLS OUT LOUD APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME could help your organisation to attract, train and retain young female talent. To arrange a call/meeting with our Founder Jane Kenyon please complete the enquiry form today.