Reach for the stars
Alongside our work as champions and campaigners for teenage girls and extensive media work at our launch in 2010 our product portfolio concentrates on 4 key programmes:
- A one day event all about confidence and self-esteem called DISCOVERY DAY
- A 12 month mentoring programme called BIG SISTER
- A 2 hour, fast paced, speed mentoring event called ROLE MODEL RELAY
- A Three month coaching intervention programme called STARDOM
- A 2 hour interactive and challenging workshop on body confidence, relationships and online safety called THE GIRL CODE
“Girls Out Loud is a wonderful organisation who inspires a whole generation of young girls to be confident all round citizens. I was first made aware of their work by a friend who was herself a ‘Big Sister’. I immediately met the team and knew immediately that we needed to work with them. Girls Out Loud has now become part of our DNA. Every year all of our Year 9 girls take part in a Discovery Day and a Role Model Relay event. On these days, the school is full of inspirational women from all walks of life who give up their time to mentor and support younger students. These events culminate in the selection of 20 ‘Little Sisters’, who are then matched with 20 Big Sisters and then go on to have a year of 1-1 mentoring. The impact for these students has been immense. All are progressing well in subjects but more importantly they are confident about their future.”
David Hayes, Principal – Oldham Oasis Academy, Oldham, Greater Manchester
DISCOVERY is a one day interactive, motivating and inspiring workshop packed with fun and empowering activities aimed at increasing awareness of self, pumping up confidence and self esteem, raising aspirations and improving body image. It is targeted at girls from Year 8 upwards with minimum age to attend being 13.The Day is lead by the Girls Out Loud senior team and supported by a serious posse of women volunteers from all walks of life including business, the professions, charities, academia, public sector and social enterprises.
It is a perfect super enrichment day and a great addition to the life and social skills curriculum and the feedback from girls and teachers alike is awesome! Find out more here.
STARDOM is a 12 week intervention programme for girls that are seriously derailing. It is intensive and frame-breaking, run by highly qualified coaches using an array of personal development and transformation tools including Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Time Line Therapy™. These tools are used to shift mindsets, zap limiting beliefs, reframe past experiences, uncover identity issues, break limiting family patterns and encourage the girls to think big via visualisation and motivational strategies. Find out more here.
Quite often teenage girls simply need someone to talk to and guide them through the challenges of growing up. Career choices, boyfriends, parents, peer pressure to conform and remaining true to self are just some of the life issues young girls may struggle with and having a BIG SISTER, a trusted guide, someone who has been there, done that and got the T-shirt can make all the difference. Find out more here.
You can keep up to date with the latest news from our Big Sister Team via their blog ‘Sister Talk’.
ROLE MODEL RELAY
Role Model Relay is a fast paced 2 hour event introducing the girls to a diverse range of careers as they get to listen and question at least 25 awesome women from all walks of life. This is the best careers lesson ever! Find out more.
THE GIRL CODE
The Girl Code workshop has been developed in response to 3 universal challenges we see girls facing in every school we visit, namely staying safe online, embedding a healthy body image and understanding the key elements to healthy relationships with girlfriends and partners alike. Find out more.
All our programmes focus on:
- Personal Identity – helping girls get a sense of self, who they are and what they stand for, finding their voice, recognising their greatness.
- Introducing them to powerful role models in the media and in their community, with a view to them becoming role models for other girls.
- Encouraging them to recognise and embrace enterprise as a career option now and in their future.
- Shifting the focus away from external body image and the unrealistic media hype of looking perfect and helping them re-align their self image.
- Improve confidence, self esteem, self respect and emotional resilience.