Girls Out Loud is a Community Interest Company. This means we are a not for profit organisation with a community wide agenda and an interest in creating real social change.
Our registered address is:
3rd Floor, The Lexicon. Mount Street, Manchester. M2 5NT
Our company number is 722574 and we were incorporated on 16 April 2010.
Our mission is to raise the aspirations of teenage girls in the UK aged between 13- 18 and we do this by creating and delivering several early intervention programmes in schools from one day to three months and facilitating a nationwide mentoring programme called BIG SISTER.
“We thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. It was both interesting and fulfilling to witness the girls ‘develop’ their confidence as the day went on. Those who came in with a wary look on their faces as they entered the room left with smiles, giggles and they seemed to be walking a LOT taller. On the way back in the mini bus the girls were buzzing about their experiences and didn’t stop yacking to each other. Top marks to Girls Out Loud for an amazing day.”
Teacher, talking about our Discovery Day
How Can You Help Us?
When it comes to raising funds anything goes! Apart from lap dancing marathons, botox parties and other obvious no nos!
Whatever you decide to do just fill in the below form and once we have had chance to review it we can send you logos and help with promotional copy to position your event or activity.
Here are some ideas/things that have been done before….Challenge yourself physically – sky dives, fun runs, dog walks, hill climbs and even mountain treks. Get healthy, get fit, get on ya bike and get moving!
Let’s party – invite your family, friends, work colleagues and wider network to meet and chat at afternoon teas, pub quizzes, karaoke nights, murder mystery dinners, curry nights, car-boot sales, treasure hunts, fashion shows etc
Get creative – dye your hair purple for a month, compete in a chocolate eating contest, host a silly sports day, challenge your boss to some sort of dual, have a dress down day or non uniform day.
And remember your employer may match whatever your raise and/or may also support our cause so no harm in asking.
“Getting rid of my inner secrets has given me confidence. I used to think my secret made me a bad person and it held me back. I will now go for my goals”
15 year old girl after attending our Stardom programme
“I used to think other people were more important than me but not anymore. I know my values, I know more about me and what I want and nothing is going to get in my way. My dreams will come true”
15 year old girl after attending our Stardom programme
Creating a Just Giving Page
As The Girls Out loud Foundation is managed by Forever Manchester when you set up your Just Giving Page it must be directed to them, however it is important your donors know you are raising money for Girls Out Loud and not the wider Forever Manchester Fund so here are guidelines on setting up your page
- Go to https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/forevermanchester/girlsoutloud and click on the Start fundraising button
- This will take you to the Girls Out Loud, run by Forever Manchester activities page and now click on PERSONAL CHALLENGE to insert specific details of your activity, 10k run, bake off etc.
- Now complete Event name i.e. 10k Run for GIRLS OUT LOUD and then select the date of your challenge before pressing the ‘Create Page’ button.
- Now select the Personalise your page button and complete what you are doing and why i.e 10k to raise money for Girls Out Loud and then complete the ‘because’ box i.e. I want to support the next generation of women. At the top of the text box situated at the bottom left of the page please insert the following copy and then click the ‘Save & Continue’ button…The Girls Out Loud Foundation is a charitable fund administered by Forever Manchester, the Community Foundation for Greater Manchester (charity no. 1017504) We are passionate about raising the aspirations of teenage girls in the UK. We do this by creating and delivering early intervention programmes in schools from 2 hours to 12 months in duration. Our core philosophy is about connecting girls to real female role models and we do this via our school events and 12 month mentoring programme called BIG SISTER. Find out more about our work at www.girlsoutloud.org.uk and follow us on twitter @girlsoutloudorg – Thank you for supporting one of our advocates!
- You now need to insert the Girls Out Loud Logo at the top of your page, so firstly download the logo to your computer from the following link: Girls Out Loud logos Then click the ‘Edit your page’ button and the’ Add Photo’ button from the ‘select photo’ button upload the logo from your computer and press ‘Upload photo’. You will receive a message to say the photo has uploaded successfully and you can then see it in the Your Photos section. Press the ‘Move Up’ button next to the logo to make it your pages main picture then press the ‘Back’ button.
- Now change the page colour theme to purple by pressing the ‘choose a page colour theme’ button and then selecting JustGiving’s Theme, press ‘save changes’ and then the ‘Back” button.
- Finally, set yourself a fundraising target by editing the ‘Target’ amount and then press the ‘visit my page’ button. You are now up and running and ready to share your challenge via social media!
At the end of your event Forever Manchester will collect all the funds you have raised and add on the relevant gift aid and then transfer all the money to the Girls Out Loud Foundation.
Any queries or help in setting up your page email email@example.com
The Legal Stuff
We cannot accept any liability for any events you decide to do so if this is on a grand scale you may want to think about insurance.
You can send any money raised as a cheque made payable to Girls Out Loud CIC and send to:
Girls Out Loud CIC, 3rd Floor, The Lexicon. Mount Street, Manchester. M2 5NT or you can pay via an online transfer into our bank account at Unity Trust – Sort code: 60 83 01 Account Number: 20244972 or pay into our paypal account via this link here.
We will always send you a receipt on request and a certificate to keep or display in recognition of your love and support.